Monday, June 27, 2011

New Camera .. Cheesy Beef and Pasta Casserole



Do you like the title of my new recipe? Guess what? My husband bought me a new camera for my birthday. Oh my...I am so excited. I am so thankful and so pleased. God is so faithful. This camera captures detail and I am fired up. I almost want to recreate all of my old post with new pictures. I can't tell y'all how many recipes that I have not posted just because the photos were awful. It is difficult to photograph food. It is important to capture details. Texture is important.

Okay...I'll reel it back in...I decided to make something new tonight. It wasn't even on my menu plan for the week. I wanted to make a new casserole that would contain beef, pasta, veggies, and cheese. I wanted it to be a quick meal that would be satisfying and kid friendly.

Here is what I came up with...

Preheat oven to 350. Boil noodles according to package directions and set aside. In a skillet, brown meat and onion. Drain.



Grease 8 x 11 pan. Put ground beef and noodles in baking dish. (This is one cool photo, can you see the steam billowing out?)



Now, add corn, peas, and mushrooms to baking dish and stir together. **I didn't use the entire can of corn. We didn't use peas this time, but..I will the next. (use about 1/2 to 3/4 a can of each)



In a saucepan (I used the same saucepan that I boiled my noodles in...less dishes)
Add 1/2 of cheese, cream of chicken, Worcestershire, seasoning, and milk. This is a flexible step, if you want more cheese...you can add it. If you want a thinner sauce, you can add more milk.



Cook on medium-low and stir often until cheese is melted. Pour over the beef and noodle mixture. Stir.



Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.



Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. Make sure it is heated thoroughly. It will bubble up.



New Camera Cheesy Beef and Pasta Casserole
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home

1 pound ground beef
1/2 onion- diced / you can use 2 tablespoons minced onion or season with onion powder
8 ounces elbow macaroni ( prepare pasta according to package directions)
1 can corn/ drained (optional ingredient)
1 can peas/ drained (optional ingredient)
1 small can mushrooms/ drained (optional ingredient)
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (we are cheesy folks) You can use less.
1 can cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste

Preheat oven to 350. In a skillet, brown meat and onion. Drain.
Grease 8 x 11 pan. Put ground beef, noodles, corn, peas, and mushrooms in baking dish and stir. **I didn't use the entire can of corn. We didn't use peas this time, but..I will the next. (use about 1/2 to 3/4 a can)
In a saucepan, (I used the same saucepan that I boiled my noodles in...less dishes)add 1/2 of cheese, cream of chicken ,Worcestershire, seasoning, and milk. This is a flexible step, if you want more cheese...you can add it. If you want a thinner sauce, you can add more milk. Cook on medium-low and stir often until cheese is melted. Pour over the beef and noodle mixture. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. Make sure it is heated thoroughly. It will bubble up.

**This is a very flexible recipe** You can omit the peas, or corn, or mushrooms, add more cheese if you please (smile), you can add more milk..to thin out the sauce.**


Capturing the beauty of the dishes....Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment