Friday, August 19, 2011

Menu Plan August 19 - 25

I was a little surprised this week. Made a trip to the grocery store and prices are on the rise. Milk, cheese, eggs, sausage, canned goods, fruit, flour has all gone up. I am sad about this. I haven't seen prices rise so quickly in such a short period of time.

As I sit at my laptop, I am watching (listening)to the news with my husband. You'll never guess what was featured on CBS 42 news? Grocery prices are on the rise. Can you believe it? Nothing is a coincidence.

Per CBS 42, our beef prices are up 11% and eggs are up 11%, price of pork is up and so is pasta. Prices will continue to rise.

Have y'all noticed an increase in prices at the grocery store?

Have you had to make adjustments in your budget? Or has it not effected you?

It does make me sad, but I am trying to look at the situation with my glass half full.

Just think how much we are still saving by cooking at the house.

For the cost of our family, to go out to eat for dinner one time, we could buy 15 lbs. of ground beef Whew!!!!

We enjoy going out to eat as a family or going out with friends but, we just can't do it all the time. It is a treat.

15 pounds of ground beef is alot of meat. (smile)

On that note...here is our menu plan for the week:

Breakfast:


Yogurt and Brown Sugar Granola



Sausage Egg and Cheese Biscuits

Cereal

Banana Muffins (recipe to come)

Oven Omelet and toast

Blueberry Bagels and cream cheese

Best Ever Pancakes and cheesy scrambled eggs

Lunch:

Karen's B-que Meatloaf (from the freezer) and Sweet Potato Fries (new recipe)

Sticky Chicken Wraps and fixins

Out to eat with the children

Homemade Lunchables / Ham, Cheese, Pretzel Chips and V-8 Fusion

Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches with chips and V-8 Fusion

Pizza Rolls and salad with Homemade Ranch Dressing (new recipe that I have been tweaking')

Nacho's with fixins


Dinner:

Spaghetti in the crockpot with garlic bread and salad (didn't make last week)

Chicken Alfredo Casserole, french bread, sauteed cabbage




My husband's Fried Chicken Fingers, french fries, and okra

Creamy Chicken and Rice Stoup (one of my husband's favorites) with 30 minute rolls and honey butter

Mexican Night/ ??? with Lime Tortilla Chips

Burnett B-que/ Shredded Pork (crockpot) with 40 Minute Hamburger Buns and MiMi's slaw

Emeril's B-que Chicken Nuggets/ veggie?

Fruits:

Pears - Picked them from our tree! Yea!
Peaches
Grapes
Bananas

Dessert:

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Cake (for my youngest son...he doesn't like chocolate) with Wilton's Buttercream Icing



Lemon Ice Box Pie (with meringue)

Caramel Brownies


Here... is to a great week!! Kristi





No comments:

Post a Comment