Sunday, September 11, 2011

Using your leftover yeast rolls....Garlic Cheese Bread



Awhile back, I posted a recipe for some 'out of this world' yeast rolls.

Fluffy, Yummy Yeast Rolls from the bread machine...



Hands down, they are our favorite. The kids love to eat them for lunch. Instead of using sliced bread for sandwiches, they like to use these beautiful rolls

My husband really likes them too...he is always so complimentary when I make them.

We make them about once a week. At this house, they never go to waste.

I decided to use our left-over rolls to make some cheese rolls/ cheese bread. They were delicious!

So..this is not a recipe, just an idea. I am sure y'all have done this many of times and many different ways, I just wanted to share. (using this particular Fluffy Yummy Yeast Roll recipe..puts them over the top)

Cut your rolls in half and put them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Slather them with room temperature butter and generously sprinkle them with garlic salt and Italian seasoning. Sprinkle with cheese. **I would recommend Parmesan or Romano cheese.** You could use mozzarella or cheddar, any cheese will work.



...this time, I used Parmesan...



Put them under the broiler until the cheese melts and they begin to brown. Do not take your eye off them.

A little crunchy outside, a little tender inside...cheesy and a hint of garlic.




How do y'all make your cheese or garlic bread? Please share your ideas.

Whew...I really appreciate a good hunk of bread! Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment