Thursday, August 4, 2011

Menu Plan August 5 - August 11

How many weeks in a row will I say..."School is almost here!" Can you tell that it has been on my mind?

Have y'all bought your school supplies yet? Have you purchased some school clothes? Lunch box? Back pack?

Guess what I did today? I worked on getting our school supplies organized. I bought compartmental boxes for each child. They each have scissors, tape, a glue stick, markers, crayons, and colored pencils. Everybody has their "own box". smile.

I also decided to tackle my freezer and organize it! Inventory time!

I like to have a stash in the freezer for time savers and go-to meals during the school year. I want to be prepared for busy days. Soccer season is approaching too.
3 children playing on 3 different teams.

Here is a quick list of what I plan to put in the freezer this week:

I am going to double or possibly triple my Mother's B-que Meatloaf recipe.

I will try and get 2-3 different muffins made. (Orange and Blueberry Oat)

Double our favorite Buttermilk Biscuit recipe from Southern Plate.



Make 2 pounds of rice. Freeze in baggies.

I made a batch of Uncrustables earlier this week.. but don't know how long they will last. smile.



and for my pantry... Homemade Taco Seasoning


Menu Plan for August 5 - August 11

Breakfast:

Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Biscuits (biscuits recipe from Southern Plate)
Yogurt and Granola
Waffles (from the freezer), and bacon
Cereal
Blueberry Oat Muffins (didn't make them last week), and Orange Julia
Cheesy scrambled eggs and cinnamon sugar bagels
French Toast and yogurt

Lunch:

Hot dogs and chips with V8 Fusion

Roast beef and Pepperoni Sandwiches- using Yummy Yeast Rolls with carrots and dip

Pizza Rolls- they are on sale at Publix this week. (a treat for my children)

B-que meatloaf (from the freezer) and Mac n Cheese

Ci Ci's Pizza - out to eat

Cheese Quesadilla's and fixin's

Kid's choice...this will be fun!

Dinner:

Grilled Steak, baked potatoes, and corn

My husband's most delicious Bacon-Cheddar Burgers, 40 minute hamburger buns, and salad




Grilled Pork Chops, creamy rice, and sauteed cabbage

Emeril's Barbeque Chicken Nuggets, side?



Beef and black bean enchilada's with white sauce and Mexican rice

Baked Chicken (new recipe) with mashed potatoes and veggie

Teriyaki chicken wings and Fried Rice (new recipe), and steamed broccoli

Desserts:

Baked doughnuts
(I didn't make them last week. We had way tooooo many Zingers around this house. We don't eat alot of pre-packed goodies. My children actually prefer homemade desserts and sweets. I am thankful...because I love to bake for them.

Cookie cake with Wilton's Buttercream frosting
(I bought a new cookie cake pan at Hobby Lobby, with the recent 40% off coupon) Yes ma'am!!! I paid less than $4 for a Wilton pan.

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (didn't make em' last week)

Fruit:

Cherries $1.50 lb. (thank you Jesus)
Grapes
Alabama Peaches
Nectarines

Snacks:

Yogurt and granola
Cafeteria Peanut Butter Balls (from the freezer)



Frozen Cookie Dough (I need to post this recipe!!!)
Fruit
String Cheese

Preparing for time saving dishes.....Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment