Thursday, June 23, 2011

Homemade Taco Seasoning

I can't say enough about this Homemade Taco Seasoning.

The first time we tried it...we were hooked. It is just good!! It is not spicy, it is smooth and mild. The chili powder and cumin are not over-bearing.

It is easy to make and it is "homemade". I don't know about y'all but, I am just drawn to "homemade".

Homemade Taco Seasoning

This recipe calls for several different spices/ ingredients. (not pictured: sugar, salt, and cornstarch)



Gather all your ingredients and a couple of small (snack size) baggies.

My daughter is my helper for this particular recipe. She takes pride in helping Momma in the kitchen. She is precious!

She gets her step stool out and bellies up to the counter. She will hold the baggies for me while I add the seasoning.



We add chili powder to all the baggies, then we will add onion powder to all the baggies, then oregano to all the baggies...so on and so forth.

Y'all know, there is always a method to my madness. smile.

We usually make 4 or 5 baggies at a time. Each baggie is equivalent to 1 packet of taco seasoning.



Guess what we had for dinner last night?

Tacos! Tacos with pinto beans and Homemade Salsa.

My daughter was so proud... she helped make dinner for her Daddy.



Homemade Taco Seasoning
Recipe courtesy of For Such A Time As This

1 tablespoon of chili powder
2 teaspoons of onion powder
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of oregano
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of cornstarch
3/4 cup water (Use this measurement as a guide. I would start out with 1/2 water at first, if it needs more, then add accordingly.)

**This recipe is equivalent to 1 package of store bought taco seasoning**

Mix all the dry ingredients together. Add to your taco meat. Add water and stir well. Simmer for several minutes.


Try to get the kids in the kitchen. It makes such precious memories.....Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment