Saturday, July 9, 2011

Cafeteria Peanut Butter Balls




These sweet treats are sooooooo healthy for you. They are slap full of protein. This is a great snack for the kids. I don't mind my children eating them...even 2 or 3 of them. Not to mention, they are easy and quick to put together.

Your kids will be asking for more and you will be gladly passing them out. I can't tell you how many batches I have made over the years.

Cafeteria Peanut Butter Balls



Put all ingredients (except baking chips)in a large size mixing bowl.



Mix with a hand mixer. Add baking chips and stir until chips are distributed throughout. (My youngest son doesn't like chocolate so, I make his with white chocolate chips)

Shape into balls. I used my little scoopy..to start and then finished shaping them with my hands. Put your peanut butter balls on a freezer safe cookie sheet. (lined with Non-Stick Reynolds foil or waxed paper)



Keep in freezer until firm. Once firm, put them in a Ziploc baggie and keep in the frig.

Cafeteria Peanut Butter Balls
Recipe courtesy of Mommy's Kitchen

1 - cup honey
1 1/2 - cups creamy peanut butter
2 1/2 cups dry powdered milk
3 - cups quick cooking oatmeal
2 tablespoons wheat germ
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (optional) or
graham cracker crumbs (optional)

**I use regular size chocolate chips and white chocolate chips**
**If you use graham cracker crumbs..after you shape the balls, roll them in the graham cracker crumbs.**

Mix all together with hand mixer. Form into balls with hands and freeze on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper or non-stick foil until firm. Remove from freezer and store in a large zip lock bag in the refrigerator.

Protein packed dishes....Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment