Thursday, July 7, 2011

Menu Plan July 8- July 14

What have y'all planned to eat for the week? Are you eating from your garden? Are you stopping at the Farmer's Market?

Growing up, we always had a garden. It was never big but it sure did produce some tasty food. What sweet memories.

I remember my mother putting up corn for the winter. I remember when Momma and her neighbor friends would spend all day in the kitchen... canning cucumbers. (making pickles)

This last weekend, my girlfriend and her family invited us to her lake house. Guess what? They have a garden. Whew...it is beautiful. My girlfriend sooo graciously gave us a bag of cucumbers and some okra to take home. A beautiful garden just makes my heart flutter.

Y'all know...I will be frying up some okra this week. Yes ma'am!!

Breakfast:

Homemade buttermilk biscuits and bacon/ fruit

Cinnamon raisin bagels with cream cheese/ fruit

Plain bagels with peanut butter/ fruit

Granola and yogurt/ fruit

Homemade donuts and scrambled eggs/ fruit

Cereal/cheese/ fruit

Lunch:

Out to eat with the kids

Hot dogs/ cottage cheese and chips

Homemade Yeast Rolls/ ham and cheese sandwiches

Chicken nuggets with carrots and dip

Homemade Thin Crust Pizza and V-8 Fusion

Ham and cheesy noodles with salad (blue cheese dressing)- recipe to come

Homemade Lunchables- using thin pretzels


Dinner: (fresh garden tomaters for every meal) smile.

Breakfast for dinner/ Homemade biscuits and sausage gravy with scrambled eggs

Mexican night/ Homemade tortillas (recipe to come) with pinto beans (need to make another batch)

Rice a Roni chicken casserole and skillet green beans

Teriyaki chicken wings, rice and steamed broccoli

Chicken and dumplins with fried okra

Shredded b-que chicken sandwiches (crockpot)with 40 Minute Hamburger Buns and Mimi's slaw

My husbands favorite chicken and rice (oven) and peas

Fruit for the week:

Chilton county peaches
grapes
strawberries
nectarines
cherries...they are on sale at winn dixie this week for $2.99lb. (I'll probably spend 1/4 of my grocery budget on cherries this week.) smile

Dessert:

I am gonna make a pie this week...I just don't know which one. I have sooo many awesome recipes that I want to try.

Post cereal bars...(new recipe)

Gooey White Chocolate Fluffernutter Cake Bars

For my husband and oldest son....No Bake Chewy Cookies and Cream Bars



Garden dishes....Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment