Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Easy Homemade French Bread- bread machine



Y'all know that I like to use my bread machine. I saw this recipe for French Bread and wanted to give it a shout. I am glad I did. Finding Joy in My Kitchen is a great blog. I am really drawn to Sno White's bread making abilities. We also use her Cinnamon Raisin Bread- bread machine recipe. (post to come) We can easily eat the entire loaf in ONE day.

Many of you have asked what kind of bread machine I use...I have an Oster. I really like it!! It is reliable. It is easy to operate. It is easy to clean. I have never had any trouble with it.

I would always suggest that y'all do your research and take some time to read reviews. Pray about what bread machine to buy and God will help you. Ask him for HIS wisdom and he will provide.

Let's get started. (not pictured: water and butter)



Remember when I told y'all that I like Tupperware? These are all old pieces that I have collected over the years. I found them at yard sales. I bought the yellow one from an 80 year old woman. She was sooo precious.

It is hard to find Tupperware, now-a-days. (sad face)

Add warm water (warmer than baby bath water) Test the water on your wrist.
Add room temperature butter.



Add flour, salt, sugar, and yeast. (make a well for the yeast)



Set bread machine to dough cycle. The dough cycle for my bread machine is 1.5 hours.



Put dough on a floured surface. Cover dough and let rest for 15 minutes.

I used my SILPAT. (baking mat) My dough was a little sticky so, I added a sprinkle of flour.



Shape dough..I made two loaves. (If you prefer, you can make one big loaf.) Place your loaves (loaf) on a baking stone...or you can use a greased baking sheet. My loaves were not shaped real well...but, the outcome was good. They may not of looked real "purty" but they sure tasted good.



Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.



Bake at 350 for 15-25 minutes. Bake until slightly brown. **Note** this bread will not be a golden brown. It will be slightly brown.




French Bread in the Bread Machine
Recipe from Finding Joy in My Kitchen

makes a 1 1/2 lb loaf

1 C + 1 T warm water (about 80 degrees F)
3 cups bread flour
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 T. butter (room temperature)
2 tsp. active dry yeast OR 1 1/2 tsp. bread machine/fast rise yeast

Add ingredients to bread machine based upon manufacturers recommendations.
I added my ingredients in this order:
water, butter, bread flour, sugar, salt and yeast. (make a well for your yeast)
Set the bread machine on the dough setting and allow dough to knead. My setting takes 1.5 hours.
After dough cycle ends, remove dough and place on a floured surface. Cover dough and let it sit for 15 minutes. Shape dough into loaf. (loaves) I made 2 smaller loaves instead of one "huge" loaf.
Cover and allow dough rise for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a cookie sheet or use a baking stone (You don't need to spray the baking stone) Bake for 15-25 minutes, or until slightly browned on the top.

It'll put a smile on your face...dishes Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment