Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Bacon (oven style)



Bacon in the oven? Are you kidding me? No ma'am. I am not. This is my favorite way to prepare a pack of bacon. It gives bacon a unique texture. It seems thicker and meatier. Also, no frying means.. no greasy splattered kitchen.

Another thing I like about baked bacon, it keeps my hands free. I can work on scrambled eggs and pancakes on the stove top while the bacon is in the oven.



Preheat oven to 425. Line a cookie sheet with non stick Reynolds foil. Place bacon super close together on cookie sheet. Just be careful not to let bacon overlap.



Bake for 15-18 minutes. You can bake it even longer if you like it crispy. Watch it closely. Put bacon on paper towel- lined plate to absorb excess juice. (grease)



It is hard to photograph bacon. I don't think bacon will win the prize for
"Most Photogenic."
I also had 3 hungry children hanging over the plate begging to get a strip.

Just one cookie sheet to clean...one dish mess.....Kristi

2 comments:

  1. For those of you that own the large Pampered Chef bar pan, you can also do the bacon on it. If you place some wax paper down on the bar pan first and then put the bacon on top of it, you have very little grease to clean up...Gina Horton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gina!! Thank you for sharing your helpful tips. Oh...how I like some Pampered Chef!! Kristi

    ReplyDelete