Thursday, June 9, 2011

Meal Plan for June 9- June 16

Do y'all plan for your meals? If so, what works for your family?

I find that when I make a meal plan...things run much more smoothly around the house. I don't feel like I am in a frazzle digging through my pantry and tearing up the freezer to find something to fix.

I base my menu plan on 2 specific things:...

1. What does our schedule look like for the week?
(church, meetings, my husband's work schedule, homeschool activities, extra curricular activities..ect.

The nights we have church, baseball, dance...ect, I will make sure something is planned for the crockpot, have taco night, or spaghetti and salad. It's quick!

If I am gonna be home most of the day...I will tackle a more time consuming dish like gumbo, or baked b-que chicken.

2. What is on sale at the grocery store?
(beef? pork? chicken breasts? chicken thighs? roast? ground beef? ect...) If beef is on sale for the week, we will be eating beef. If chicken is on sale, we will be eating chicken.

***Little tip***
Meats go on sale in cycles. One week chicken will be on sale, the next week it will be pork, the next week it will be beef, so on and so forth.
So, when ground beef goes on sale for $1.99 lb., buy a bunch of it, use what you need for the week and freeze the rest because it will probably be several weeks until ground beef is on sale again.

Our menu plan for the week...

June 9- June 16

Dinner:

Fried chicken (new recipe from my Everyday Food magazine/ Martha Stewart)with mashed potatoes and corn

MiMi's casserole and sweet peas

Roast (in crockpot) and rice/ Parmesan broccoli

Easy chicken nachos and fixin's

Grilled cheeseburgers and skillet green beans

Sticky Chicken (new recipe)/ veggie?

Out to eat/ Chinese / My birthday!!!!

Dessert ideas:

Polka Dot Rice Krispie treats (new recipe)
Lemon Ice Box Pie
Homemade Peanut Buster Parfait (my birthday dessert)
Orange Supreme Cake (new recipe)

Next week, I am going to show y'all what our weekly menu looks like for every meal. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack Time, and Dessert. Look for it on Wednesday or Thursday of next week...you'll be surprised how much we eat around here! (smile)


Give me a shout...let me know what's on y'alls menu for the week!!


Planning for more dishes....Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment