Saturday, August 13, 2011

Microwave Baked Potatos



Potatoes in the microwave...for as long as I can remember, this is how my mother made baked potatoes. She taught me how to make them. It only takes 10 minutes max and the results are just mouth watering. I love a good baked potato.



Find you some taters, about the same size. (I used medium size, this time.) Wash them real good. Take a sharp knife and poke holes in every side of your potato....stab em'.

Put your taters in baggies and seal. I usually use the fold top baggies. Any sandwich bag works just great.



Look at the Princess baggie...for my sweet little girl.



Put taters in the microwave and microwave for 3 1/2 minutes. Flip taters over, being careful not to burn yourself on the escaping steam. Now microwave 3 1/2 minutes.

Take a knife or fork and poke the potato. If it slides in "like butter", your potato is finished cooking. If not, just put it back in for a minute or so.



When using large baking potatoes, I microwave for 5 minutes on each side. Adjust your cooking time according to the size of your tater.

The skin stays moist. The skin is tender too. YUM!

Are you a potato skin eater? I eat the skin on my potatoes. My mother always told me, the nutrients are in the skin.



If you are not a skin eater, (whew...that sounds peculiar, doesn't it?) look at this photo. The potato just pops out of the skin without pryin' it out. How pretty!



Season with salt and pepper...and a dollop of sour cream. yum. yum.

Oh Taters...Kristi



No comments:

Post a Comment