Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sante Fe Chili



Hello...I sure have missed y'all. It has been tooo long since my last post. I have so many recipes to share, just not enough hours in the day.

I got home Monday night at mid-night. I did some shopping at Kids Market.

Tuesday ...whew! I didn't get on the treadmill until 9 pm.

Thanks for being so patient. I am still here.

Thank the Lord, I am not stressed or growing weary. Just alot going on. The Lord is providing. He is so faithful. He created seasons for a reason. We must embrace them and learn from them. smile.

Here is one super easy, hearty and delicious dish to add to your menu. It is great for feeding a crowd. This recipe is often requested by my husband's hunting buddies.

I throw it a huge crock pot and send them off to the hunting club. So, when they come out of the woods for the night...their dinner is ready.

There really isn't alot of pictures to take. It's just "dump it" all in and give it a stir.



Sante Fe Chili
Recipe by Kristi's Dishes

1 to 1.5 pound hamburger meat (or venison)
1 medium size onion (diced)
1 can northern beans or navy beans (drained)
1 can pinto beans (drained)
1 can corn
1 can white hominey (star ingredient)
1 can rotel
1 can diced tomatoes
1 pack taco seasoning
1 pack Hidden Valley Dip Mix
Water - as desired

In a large stock pot, brown meat and onion. Drain and return hamburger mixture to pot. Add remaining ingredients. Stir well. Add water accordingly. Add as much or little water as you want. Simmer for 35-45 minutes.

**I put everything in a crockpot. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. If you leave it in the crockpot for 8 hours, it won't hurt it.** If you are going to cook it for an extended amount of time, make sure you add more water.

Eat it as a soup. Eat it will chips. Serve it with cornbread. Serve it with my favorite Fluffy Dinner Rolls. How about a grilled cheese sandwich on the side? Options are endless. Get a bowl full and sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese on the top.



Hope y'all enjoy...one of our favorite fall-winter meals.

For my husband and his hunting buddies......Kristi

This recipe was posted to Beauty and Bedlam Tasty Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment