Sunday, May 22, 2011

What has the Lord taught you this week?



I have a sweet friend named Heather. When Heather and I are around one another, we talk about the Lord. We talk about His goodness, His mercy, and His love. We talk about how we desparately need His wisdom in raising our children.

Last weekend, Heather and I got to spend some time together and guess what we talked about? Her Bible.

"The One Year Chronological Bible/ NIV translation."

This bible is the entire text of the New International Version in 365 daily readings arranged in the order the events actually occurred. OH YES MA'AM!!! I knew this Bible was for me. I can read the entire Bible in one year and it will follow a time line that I can understand and follow.

I am a concrete thinker. I get giddy about math, accounting, and logic puzzles. So, when she told me about how this particular Bible was laid out... in order...I was sold! I am a "creature" of order.

I went to the Christian book store and bought this bible. (I used a coupon) smile!!

He wants to speak to you. He wants to speak to me.

"Kristi, How can I hear from God?


One of the many ways we can hear from God is through reading His Word, the Bible.

With my new Bible in hand...I dug into his word. Please let me share with you...what he taught me this week.

Working hard is important to the Lord.

God created the heavens and the earth. He created light and darkness. He created the land, the sea, they day, the night, living creatures of the sky and the land. He created man in his own image. He was a working man!!! He created all this in 6 days and....

By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done. Genesis 2:2-3

Adam and Eve were put in paradise, the Garden of Eden. Everything was perfect. God gave them one simple command to obey and follow...

You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die. Genesis 2:16,17

Guess what happened? They disobeyed and ate of the tree.

Once Adam and Eve had sinned in the Garden of Eden, (by eating from the forbidden tree) God spoke these words to Adam:

By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return. Genesis 3:19

By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food. You will have to work for your food. You will labor for your food.

I can't tell you how many times I have read the book of Genesis and learned about how God created everything in 6 days. But, this week when I read the story of creation and about Adam and Eve, it was sooooo much more.

A light went on...... "God WORKED hard!" God expected Adam to "WORK" hard.

Let us be encouraged to WORK unto the LORD.

Praise be to the Lord..Jesus Christ, the Son of God. The Lamb who was slain.

Have a great week in the Lord. Give Him thanks for your dishes. Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment