Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mc Griddles- Burnett Style



Y'all ever had a Mc Griddle? Oh yummy. I don't eat alot of fast food breakfast food, but there are a couple of things that I will 'cave' over:

1. Jack's Steak Biscuits

2. Mc Donald's Egg Mc Muffins

and

3. Mc Donald's Sausage, Egg and Cheese Mc Griddles

**Side note*** I was talking to my brother the other day and... "in his neck of the woods", a #1 Big Mac Meal is now $7.07!!!!

I nearly fell out.

Let me reel it back in... Mc Griddle, Mc Griddle, Mc Griddle!

Mc Griddle...Burnett Style

Just a couple things you'll need..

Your favorite pancake (The Best Pancake Ever) **
Maple Sausage Patties (cooked)
Fried Egg (optional)
American Cheese
Syrup

The key to a mean Mc Griddle is a good pancake. You want a pancake that is light and fluffy. A dense pancake will be "too much".

**I like to make a large batch of pancakes and freeze them. They re-heat beautifully. You can re-heat in your microwave our put them in your toaster.

I highly recommend "Best Pancake Ever".



Another recommendation...MAPLE sausage. You won't get the same Mc Griddle taste without using maple sausage. I would actually call it the "secret" ingredient. Jimmy Dean makes the best maple sausage.

The pre-cooked maple sausage patties at Aldi are very good too. You can buy them in the freezer section. They are a time saver! To heat, just pop them into your microwave.

Start with a warm pancake, layer your sausage, egg and cheese. Top with another pancake and pour maple syrup over it all.



You can make your Mc Griddle with eggs or without...your preference. We like them both ways. If you make it with egg, it will give you more protein.



I sometimes make my Mc Griddle - open faced.




Enjoy your Mc Griddles! Super syrup-eeeee dishes! Kristi


This recipe was linked to Tasty Tuesday and Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.

Check it out! A plethora of awesome recipes!!!

5 comments:

  1. I love McGriddles. I wish I had more time to cook and make all of these yummy recipes that you put on your site. Maybe one of these days....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you like Mc Griddles as much as I do!!! smile.

    **Time saving tip** Buy frozen pancakes and warm them in the microwave. Buy frozen sausage patties and warm them too...add some cheese and cover in syrup. Quick Mc Griddles are Happy Mc Griddles!

    Stay encouraged!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool website buddy I am gona suggest this to all my list of contacts.

    vegetarian recipes

    ReplyDelete
  4. this style is really different i din't know about this one

    ReplyDelete