Saturday, June 11, 2011

Burnett Roast / crockpot

Burnett roast was created after reading, researching, and trying numerous recipes.

This particular recipe does not include veggies. It is not your traditional pot roast. This roast makes its' own scrumptious gravy. It it is rich in flavor. It is an easy recipe. It is a crowd pleaser.

My kids beg me to make this roast. My youngest son asked me earlier today, "Momma what are you putting in the crockpot?" I said "Your favorite roast, son." He skipped into the other room, hootin' and hollerin' "Now, that's something to get excited about!" He knows how to make his Momma smile!!



First, I line my crockpot with a Reynolds slow-cooker liner. (easy clean up and less messy dishes) Put your roast into the crockpot. You can use any size or type of roast but make sure it has some marbling. (fat) Fat gives it extra flavor. We love a good chunk of meat!!! Look at that roast..isn't he purty?



Slather a can of cream of mushroom over the roast. (I use the back of a spoon)



Sprinkle packets of seasoning over meat. Add 1 cup of water to your crockpot.



Cook on low for 4-6 hours. It will make its' own gravy. Oh so good. Serve with rice.

Keeping it real..I just pulled the roast out of the crockpot, started slicing, and snapped a photo. I didn't take time to clean off the plate for presentation purposes. Sorry.




Burnett Roast
Recipe by Kristi's Dishes

1 roast-frozen (you can use any size or cut just make sure it has some marbling)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 package brown gravy
1 package Hidden Valley Dip mix or Hidden Valley Salad Dressing mix
1 package Italian Seasoning packet
1 cup water

Put roast in crockpot. Spread cream of mushroom soup over your roast. Sprinkle your packets of seasoning over your roast. Pour 1 cup of water over it all. Turn crockpot on low for 4-6 hours. Don't let your meat over cook. It will dry out. Use the gravy/ juices and serve over rice.

**I use a frozen roast and it takes 4-6 hours on low**
Please keep in mind, ALL crockpots cook differently.

**You can use just 2 packets of seasoning if you want...use 1 package of brown gravy and 1 package Hidden Valley mix.

** I use Reynolds slow-cooker liners. Makes for easy clean up and less messy dishes to wash.

Thank you Reynolds...your helping me with my dishes...... Kristi
(parchment paper, non-stick foil, and slow cook liners) LOVE EM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment