Sunday, June 12, 2011

White Bean and Cheddar Dip



We can tear up some dip at this house. It can be any type, texture or flavor.. ranch dip, french onion dip, cheese dip, taco dip, or even bean dip. You name it, we can put away some dip. Needless to say, I was excited to see this recipe on Mommy's Kitchen.

White Bean and Cheddar Dip

This recipe calls for just a couple of ingredients. It is easy to make and just as easy to eat. smile. Beans are an excellent source of iron and protein. One can of cannellini beans has approximately 23 grams of protein.

To feed our family of 5, I doubled the recipe. I used 2 cans of beans, instead of one. I also made a few changes to the original recipe to accommodate our taste.

Drain your beans. Do not rinse them.



Add beans, chicken broth, garlic and cumin to blender.

Side note: You can make or create your own chicken broth/ chicken flavored water. (smile) Measure 1 cup water and add 2 chicken bouillon cubes. Microwave for 1 minute and 11 seconds. Stir. Bouillon cubes will dissolve and ta da...you have your own chicken broth.



Side note: I use my Pampered Chef garlic press to mince the garlic. If you use alot of garlic in your dishes, I would highly recommend purchasing one. You don't need to peel the garlic..the super gadget..does it for you. Marvelous!!



Stir in 1/2 of your shredded cheese. Put into a baking dish.



I added some Rotel for my husband and I. (drain the Rotel...real good)



Half and Half.
Half for Daddy and Momma
Half for the kids.



Feel free to add any additional toppings. Next time, I think I'll add some olives for my husband.

Spread remaining cheese over bean mixture. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes. (the edges will start to bubble)



Let it cool. Try serving with Frito Scoops. A tasty "combo".


White Bean and Cheddar Dip
Recipe adapted from Mommy's Kitchen

2 cans of Cannellini beans (drained)
2/3 cup chicken broth **I make my own** (see below)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon cumin
1 can Rotel (drained)
2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven at 375. Drain beans. Add beans, chicken broth, garlic and cumin to your blender. Blend until smooth. Add 1/2 of the cheese and stir until combined. Distribute Rotel evenly over beans and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Bake for 15-20 minutes. The edges will bubble up when heated thoroughly.

Serve with tortilla chips or Frito Scoops.

*You can make or create your own chicken broth. Measure 1 cup water and add 2 chicken bouillon cubes. Microwave for 1 minute and 11 seconds. Stir. Bouillon cubes will dissolve and ta da...you have your own chicken broth.

Dippy dishes....Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment