Sunday, June 19, 2011

Chewy Chocolate No-Bake Cookies



I couldn't stand it...I just had to make some cookies. New cookies.

I have been laid up in the bed for 2 days now. I hurt my back and can barely walk or stand. My kids told me that I am getting old. Okay, I know I am getting old but you know it's bad when your kids tell you that your getting old.

After church today, one of my sweet friends came to check on me. She brought me some Biofreeze for my back. Thank you! Guess what? She also brought me a new cookbook. Thank you! Thank you! I am blessed to have such sweet friends!!

So, for most of the day, I've been laying in the bed and just brewin' over my new book. Sooooo many recipes that are calling my name. yipppeee!

I had to make some cookies!!!

This recipe comes from "The Cookie Bible." It is 310 pages of cookies. Me eat more cookies!

There is one section specifically devoted to "No Bake Delights." This is perfect! What a great summer dessert! This particular recipe calls for the cookies to be kept in the frig. COLD cookies on a HOT day!

Chewy Chocolate No-Bakes
Recipe from The Cookie Bible

In a medium size microwave safe dish, start melting butter, marshmallows, and chips. I used white chocolate chips. If you're an avid chocolate fan, use semi-sweet. How about peanut butter chips? YUM!



Start with 45 seconds and stir. At first, it will look like a gooey mess. It's okay.



Microwave another 45 seconds and stir. Repeat until mixture is smooth.

Cool slightly.

Stir in remaining ingredients. I used dried cranberries. You can use chopped nuts, diced dried fruit, coconut, miniature marshmallows. **Your options are endless**



Drop by small scoopies onto parchment paper. (you can use waxed paper)



Chill 2 to 3 hours. Keep in tightly covered container in the refrigerator.



Chewy Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
Recipe courtesy of The Cookie Bible

1 c white chocolate chips (you can use semi-sweet)
16 large marshmallows
5 tablespoons margarine or butter
2 cups quick oats or old fashioned oats (I used quick)
1 cup dried cranberries (You can use raisins, any diced mixed fruit, flaked coconut, miniature marshmallows or chopped nuts.)
1 teaspoon vanilla

In a large saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate pieces, marshmallows, and margarine, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat, cool slightly. Stir in remaining ingredients. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls (I use my small scoopy) on parchment paper or waxed paper. Chill 2 to 3 hours. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.

Combination ideas/ suggestions:

white chocolate chips and dried cranberries
semi-sweet chocolate chips and marshmallows = smores
peanut butter chips and chopped nuts

They are easy to make! They are sweet and chewy!
Next time, I think I'll double the batch..yummo!

This is a great summer cookie. Your kids will be jumping up and down chanting..MORE, MORE, MORE!!

Summer dishes....Kristi



No comments:

Post a Comment