Sunday, July 24, 2011

Snack Mix

I am sure that y'all have made your own snack mix before, but I just wanted to share. I am always trying to come up with something new for the kids. So...I thought I would dig around in my pantry.

We eat alot of snacks at our house. ALOT!! We eat fruit, dried cereal, salty snacks, some type of protein and sometimes sweets. I thought..why not make one snack that incorporates them all?



Snack mix from the Burnett pantry:

1 cup Goldfish/ veggie
1 cup honey roasted peanuts
1 cup Cinnamon Cheerios (you need to try em'!)
1 cup Craisins

Pour them into a bowl and mix well.



Divide into 1 cup servings and put into baggies.



1 cup servings is a generous amount..feel free to back it down to 1/2 cup or whatever best suites your family.



If y'all are allergic to nuts, you can omit.
If you like nuts..maybe add some almonds, sunflower seeds, pecans.

Add any cereal you want. Multi-grain cheerios is an excellent cereal.
1 serving offers 100% of your recommended daily allowance of Iron.
You could add Lucky Charms if you wanted to live on the wild side. smile.
Fruit Loops or Trix or how about Cocoa Puffs?

Add any dried fruit: apricots, apples, raisins, craisins, pineapple, tropical fruit, coconut..ect

Add salty stuff...pretzel sticks (broken in half), small saltines (the minature ones), cheese crackers of any type.

Your possibilities are endless!

After I finished throwing this snack mix together, the kids came into the kitchen and said "OH, MOMMA can we please have that new snack mix? It looks so good." They literally were jumping up and down. You'd think by their reaction that I had just made homemade cinnamon rolls? I love my children.



4 simple ingredients thrown together can take snack time to another level. Give it a try!!

Please share some of your family favorites for snack mix. I am eager to hear your great ideas!

From the pantry....Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment