Thursday, July 14, 2011

Menu Plan July 15 - July 21

This week, I have made our meal plan based upon what is in our pantry and what needs to be used in the freezer. I am not going to shop the sale ad's this week. Now, I will buy some milk, veggies, and fruits...but, I am gonna try and stay out of the grocery store.

I am trying to get organized for the up-coming school year. I want to be prepared and ready. We homeschool our children so, it is imperative that I stay on top of everything...even the pantry. smile.

Breakfast:

Sweet and Moist Squash Bread (I am putting together a new recipe... sounds peculiar but I think it definitely has potential. I will let y'all know.

Yogurt, fresh blueberries, and Homemade granola (recipe to come)



Ham, Egg and Cheese Cups and fruit

Homemade donuts (recipe to come) I could eat 10 of these yummy treats.

Cereal and fruit

Cheesy scrambled eggs and toasted thin bagels with fruit

Kid's choice...I'll let them "vote" on what they want Momma to make. They love to vote on meals!! I am voting for Blueberry Muffins. smile.

Lunch:

Bacon, Cheese, and Tomato sandwiches and chips (tomaters from our garden)

Chicken pockets / veggie?

Hot dogs with carrots and dip and Emeril's Maple Corn Bread (new recipe)

Homemade chicken nuggets- (new recipe), green beans and smoothie (using our fresh blueberries)

Out to eat with the kids- Have you heard about the new Arby's Reward Card? If you like Arby's you should check it out. It is free.

Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches with chips and V-8 Fusion

Dinner:

Minute Steak- breaded (similar to chicken fried steak) with mashed potatoes and gravy
(I am creating a new recipe..so, pray it turns out...so, I can share it)

Bacon Cheeseburgers -my husband's masterpiece!!! and 40 minute hamburger buns with Seasoned Crispy Fries and fixins.



Spaghetti, Easy Homemade French Bread (use it to make Emeril's garlic bread) and peas

Chicken Dumplins and veggie?

Burnett Calazones (using Thin Crust Pizza Dough) and salad

Taco night- using our Pinto Beans, Easy Restaurant Style Salsa, and homemade tortillas...served with fixins.

Grilled Pork Chops and Homemade Creamy Mac n Cheese with skillet sauteed cabbage

Snacks:

Cheese and Goldfish
Cafeteria Peanut Butter Balls
Muffins or Sweet Bread with yogurt

Fruit:

Chilton County Peaches
Fresh Blueberries from a local farm
Cherries (yes ma'am)
Strawberries

Dessert:

Pie/ I never made a pie last week...I am craving pie.
Cupcakes with Homemade Vanilla Frosting (new recipe)
Coconut Butterscotch Cookies- my boys LOVE these cookies
Ice cream cones


What is on your menu this week? Please share some ideas. I am always encouraged by what's going on in y'alls kitchen.

Dishes from the pantry....Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment